Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Black Kiss

Last night, Arence I were just bumming around the living room like we usually do (him scanning through tv stations and me surfing the net) then suddenly, he switched the channel to WOWOW. And I'm soo glad he did.

There was this Japanese horror movie about to show when we decided to check it out even knowing that there wouldn't be any English subtitles. We were already supposed to watch "The Frighteners" on HBO but this one looked more interesting. I mean, how would it not be when the opening part of the movie was a woman slicing a man's chest down with only a scalpel?! I was like "What the f**k IS this??!" I never liked watching horror/scary movies but sometimes, I get strangely drawn to them. This one I was really drawn to.

The seemigly quiet but horrifying movie left me at the edge of my seat the whole time. I was also always trying to grab Arence's hand just so I could have something to squeeze or release tension to everytime I got scared. The movie was great in terms of the story (yes, even though we didn't really understand everything because it was in Japanese). I wasn't in favor with the gory-ness of the flick but I found it fascinating at the same time very gross. The villain was extremely creepy too which made me sleep with the lights on last night. The only thing that we still could not figure out was who the murderer really is. The ending was a bit confusing too; well actually it was all confusing just because we were lost in translation. But at any rate, I was glad I got to watch it. One of the creepiest movies I've seen so far. I encourage you to see it if you can find a DVD copy. I think we'll be doing the same when we get the chance to visit Quiapo sometime. ^_^

If you want to read the review on the movie, click this.


Even though I hate watching horror flicks,
I still watch them sometimes.

No comments: