Thursday, October 25, 2007

chicken soup for the soul

Let me share you a little heartfelf story..


(while I was at my lola's store, a kid about 6 years old was about to buy)

kid: ate, pabili po ng isang pirasong Chocolitos?
(Chocolitos are similar to crinkles only smaller and cheaper)

(I let him pick one from the container)

As I was putting away the P1 coin I heard him say to his 3 year old little brother

kid: Oh, hati tayo.
little brother: salamat kuya. pwede hati pa tayo sa tira?
kid: sige, kaw talaga antakaw mo.
(hugs his little brother and off they went riding a bicycle)

It may not seem like something to you, but it meant something to me.

It really takes small instances like the story above to realize how fortunate, thankful and grateful we are to be living a more luxurious life than they do. It's funny how we complain about not having good food when other people and children only eat once a day; funny how we tend to be selfish when other people like the kid at the store would selflessly give half of what he bought to his little brother.

Sometimes it's nice to reflect once in a while.
It makes us realize a lot of things and actually make us a better person at that.

No comments: