Wednesday, March 5, 2008

my bottomless pit

How I wish that I had a normal METABOLISM. Really. I know that a lot of people tell me that it's a blessing that I have the fastest metabolism in the world, but like everything, you get tired of it. I've been as thin as a post ever since I can remember and the only time I really gained any weight was in HS when I drank a lot of beer. Makes perfect sense. But after sometime, my body went back to it's normal payat state. I was always a couple of pounds under 100 which is not normal. But I guess everyone else around thinks so.

Anyway, I just want to relate how my body works because it's like magic sometimes. You see, I have the type of appetite of, as bad as it sounds, a PG (patay-gutom). I am that type of person who gets hungry every thirty minutes just after finishing a meal; I'm the type of person who binges on food and who is very gluttonous in some way; and I am the type of person who does all these and never, and I mean never, GETS FAT.

Yes. You heard it right. I NEVER EVER GOT FAT. And it totally sucks. BOO my metabolism. (well just a little bit)

You see, being thin ain't all bad. But being thin isn't good either. My normal body weight for my height is 120lbs and I only frikin weigh a stunning 98lbs! (di pa ako pinaabot sa 100, gosh.) I know I'm pretty lucky in a lot of ways like I always have the right sizes for clothes, I don't have to worry about dieting and I would always look fit (or so they seem) to other people. I know I shouldn't be complaining, but I really find it ABnormal.

Uggh. What am I saying??

I really don't know where this post is going except all I know that this is supposed to be about my tummy. Uuh, yah.

So, while having my all-you-can-eat salad with Arence this afternoon, I suddenly realized how much I've been eating today and it really was a bit of a shock to realize that I've been stuffing my poor ol tummy with food every after 2hours or so. Here's a breakdown of the things I've eaten in the past 15 hours:

4:30am - Lugaw with chicken
6:30am - carrot cake
8:30am - caldereta with rice
12:30pm - sisig with rice
3:00pm - 2 plates of all-you-can-eat salad

Oh diba? Hindi man ako gutom. lol

This afternoon was beautiful. It was one of those afternoons wherein the sun was shining but the air was very cool. I was practically wearing my sweatshirt on the whole time. After work, I decided to go to Robinson's Balibago to play some arcade (yes, I'm a loner like that). Then met up with Arence to attend the PTA meeting of his brother which we then later found out that it was already over. Got to walk around the city, visit Jenra mall and even went to the weekly Ukay-ukay at the Nepo Quad which happens every Wednesday. Got to buy two shirts too which I wasn't expecting. Then decided to splurge once again on food at NB. It has been a long day I tell you but very worthwhile nonetheless.

In other news, my kuya finally had his long locks cut away last Sunday. It was a historic event and we captured every second with out trusty digicam. It's kinda sad that he had it cut off but it was for the better. I think he was getting ill because of his hair. I really don't know why tho. Anyway, here are some photos of me with his locks. How I wish I had hair like his


I forgot how long his hair was.


Mike and I posing with his newly cut locks. I like how the long hair fits me. :)


Zipped-locked.

Well, I gotta get some shut eye if I want to make it through my shift tonight. See you on my next post! Ciao!


2 comments:

ann.screams.hearts. said...

isa lang ang masasabi ko.. ang swerte mo..

wow your kuya rocks! too bad he had to have it cut off. pero bagay mo rin ung long hair niya..: )

silly_button said...

indeed you are lucky. wow, your kuya's hair is amaaaazing.