Friday, December 28, 2007

round in circles

It's been a couple of days after Christmas and well, you know the drill- it's time to spend those aguinaldos!

Arence and I decided to watch a movie yesterday at Robinsons, Pampanga. It's been ages since we last saw a movie together. We wanted to watch Resiklo and Sakal, Sakali, Saklolo but we ended up only seeing SSS. The movie was hilarious as expected but it was too long compared to the first one. Comedy flicks are great with the right script and actors, but it can be draggy when the movie is made too long. As usual, the cinema was SRO but luckily enough we were able to get us good seats. Because it was the MMFF season, we were disappointed not to see any foreign trailers before the movie started. BOOOO.

me and CNN at the overpass

After the movie, we hurried our starving tummies right to Burger King and ordered their ultimate burger promo: buy a Whopper Jr. meal = free Whopper Jr. for only P99! This is one of the best fast food deals ever. We love love loooove BURGER KING.; the juiciest beef patties, the freshest tomatos, the crunchiest lettuce, the fries and the free movies at 2pm! I know I sound overly enthusiastic about BK but it really is the best burger restau I've eaten at so far. The great thing about BK too is that they serve MUSTARD - my favorite condiment of all. We had apple pie too which was delicious but unfortunately, I only had a couple of bites because I was too full already to have dessert. Arence actually ate 2 of his burgers, while I on the other hand, kept it for later.

CNN was hungry too!

I really find it relaxing roaming around SM Pampanga especially if I'm with Arence. We love going to malls and SM Pamp is one of our faves. It was also an opportunity for me to find a gift for my inaanak which I was able to do and which I also think she'll love. We went to Toy Kingdom, the department store, and even played at one of the arcades. Arence got to play the pinball machine for the first time and he liked it very much. He was pretty good at it actually and we both had a blast playing it. We now both want pinball machines when we get our own places someday! haha

I really find it hard to buy something for myself when I have the extra money. I don't know, maybe it's because I feel that I appreciate buying someone something more than buying something for myself. But as unusual as it is for me not to buy something for myself, I bought a cute, small black bag with a white ribbon on it at Egg for my digicam. It was the perfect practical and fashionable thing I think I ever bought and I'm happy that I got it. Yay! When we didn't know where else to go, we decided to head to the jeepney terminal and try Boom na Boom out at Clark. It was past 9pm already but we thought that going to an amusement park was a great way to end the day.


CNN got to ride the roller coaster and the ferris wheel
but not the Super Loops :(

I've always been a fan of amusement parks. I just love the roller coasters and the adrenaline rushing rides. They always seem to scare the shit out of me and at the same time, give me that thrill and excitement that I always yearn for in a place like Boom na Boom. Boom na Boom gave me just that with two of their main attractions: the Super Loops & the Boomerang. These two rides were crazy! But between the two, Super Loops was the crazier one.

My friend Ann mentioned that this ride is not for the faint of heart; she forgot it wasn't for weak tummies too! haha My heart is fine when it comes to extreme rides like the Super Loops, what I'm always concerned about is my TUMMY. I hate the feeling of plunging head or body first into the ground and the lightness we all feel in the tummy everytime we experience this. Imagine going around a gigantic circle more than 5 times back and forth with a speed of a roller coaster (or even faster) - that's what the Super Loops is all about and is made of. Arence and I never let go of the bars infront of us. Whatever happened, we just held on as tight as we could to them especially when we were suspended in the air upside down for several seconds. I could feel my head pounding and pressure coming from gahd knows where. By far one of the scariest rides I've been on but it was all worth the experience. Few are chosen and we are proud to be one of those few.

'twas a great day and hopefully, more of these kinds of adventures will happen soon. :)

1 comment:

ann.screams.hearts. said...

i miss sm pamp..:(

yep i guess i forgot about the tummy.. buti na lang di ako busog nun kung hinde.. eww.. kadiri naman isipin yung pwdeng mangyari.. hehe..

you're right.. we're one of those few.. and proud of it talaga.. pero di na ko babalik dun, no way..: )