Sunday, February 3, 2008

a bruised elbow party

Last night was a blast. After all the hard work I've been doing at work, I finally had the chance to go out again and for the first time in a long time, I went clubbing. And may I say that it was one of the funnest times ever.

But before the club partying began, I went out to meet up with some friends to check out the event at HAU. It was the last day of the university days so I figured, might as well check it out. My friend Pat was also performing that night so the gang and I got to catch him strut his stuff on the stage and hear him sing reggae style. Yah man!

After that beat pumping performance, we headed back to the stairs of Index to hangout. Took loads of pictures that night and it was fun. I just didn't like what happened when I fell to ground because someone from the group was too drunk with beer and something else that led my precious body falling. I acquired a bruise on my elbow and a hit on the head from this out of control incident. I'm just glad that no scrapes or scratches got to my legs or I would be really pissed off. Himala nga cuz I was wearing a skirt. I just wished that there weren't people around to see the fall. So humiliating. Oh, and that person too dropped my freakin camera. FUCK IT.

Anyway, I was glad to leave the place after having Bulan take care of my scrapes. He was sweet enough to clean and band-aid my elbow when he realized I got hurt. He's such a caring friend and one of the true ones. It was a bit of a shame that I had these bandages on that night and I even haven't even started partying yet. Nevertheless, the show still went on and I still pushed through to go clubbing.

As I reached Ministop with Joana, Marijo and Twitch, Princess was already waiting near one of the salons along the sidewalk. AJ arrived moments later and then we all proceeded to BALK LINE. We all looked pretty worn out because we haven't had much sleep that day but with a little touch of make-up at the lavatory, we eventually looked like humans again. We didn't go straight up to the venue because it was still crowded at that moment so we decided to sit down on one of the couches downstairs. Arence arrived momentarily and after chilling out for a while, we finally headed upstairs to check the crowd out.

It was packed alright. The dance floor was overflowing with dancing people and we were a the other end of the room from where the DJ was. I haven't been to Balk Line since 3rd year high school and at that time, you could still dance around without worrying about skin-on-skin contact. My friends from school were there which was really great cuz I miss them so much. I just found it weird to see them at Balk Line because they usually party at SAX but what the heck, I'm glad they decided a change of pace tonight. I introduced Arence to everyone and surprisingly, they got along with each other which made me real happy. After chatting with Gemma and the rest of the HRM gang, Arence, Aj, Princess and I boldly headed to the middle of the dance floor.

Arence and I never reached the DJ's spot but AJ and Princess did. It was fun to dance with him considering he isn't much of a dancer. He was practically following my moves most of the time but he did groove to the music quite well. I can't believe after almost 3years of being together,it was our first time to go out clubbing. Is that lame? haha I haven't had dinner yet so after sweating our asses off on the dancefloor, I invited Arence to have a little snack at a dimsum and noodle place outside. We had some beef siomai, siopao and wanton noodles and two glasses of their refreshing iced tea. YUM!

After the meal, we went back to meet up with AJ and Princess at Pozzo where Jayjay and new found friend Aaron were. Had a couple of beers to ease our bloated tummies. Found out that Aaron was Arence's classmate in gradeschool. It really is a small world we're in. Boys talked with each other and the three of us girls did the same. It was almost 4am when we decided to leave. I was able to buy a couple of bundles of suman from a vendor passing by for breakfast. Yes, I love suman and all those other kakanin. AJ and Princess left with Aaron and Jayjay whilst Arence and I rode the jeep instead.

I had so much fun last night. I wish every weekend were like last night. I was always a night person but not the night-party one. It was refreshing to have a change of pace now and then. The thrill of doing something new gives me this adrenaline rush that makes me feel alive. I never thought that I would have this much fun with new friends and I'm glad I didn't back out on the offer. Even though we were only together for a short period of time, we enjoyed every second of it. Hopefully this kind of thing would happen more often in the future. :)

Photos of the event are at my MULTIPLY site. GO check 'em out. Or you can click this link and this one too to lead you straight to the album. Duh. lolz

No comments: