Monday, June 2, 2008

team building and a fuckin hangover

I came home the other night with a bad case of one of the best and worst hangovers I've had so far. Wait, that sounds confusing? Anywho, drinking was never my thing although I admit, I drank a lot of beer when I was in college but I never really enjoyed it. Basically I did it out of peer pressure and to look COOL. Well not to look cool really. I did it because I didn't want to seem like a killjoy everytime we went out. Hiyep, it was a stereotype thing to be and do at the time.

But every once in a while, there are always those occasions that tend to draw me into gulping down a bottle of beer and savoring the malty goodness of the alcoholic beverage running through my system. Ai dunno, sometimes I crave for beer or a nice shot of tequila especially if the timing and mood is right. And the team building we had over the weekend was the perfect time to get wasted. It was an overwhelming experience at first but the repercussions were terrible! haha

So last Sunday, team Baldado had the opportunity to have one last fling before the summer officially ended. We decided to have another team building, in which I was lucky enough to go to this time although I wasn't allowed to stay overnight. But hey, I was grateful already just to have been permitted to go.

It was a great thing that we had this team building again. I know we see each other everyday and some are just probably sick of it but it still is a different feeling when you're out together doing something out of the ordinary, meaning WORK. It was nice too that one of our newest members was able to catch up even though he came around 9pm already soaking wet in the rain because he rode the bike with TL and Donald when they met up with him. It was raining from 4 til night but that didn't stop us from having a blast and grilling the Max's chicken and the fish.

We cranked up the videoke and sang like we were Mariah Carey or Chaka Kan. Benji, who isn't actually part of the team but was a friend of everyone, came along and he was so good with performing with the mike and singing like a pro had everybody laughing in amazement when he sang Ice Ice Baby and Through the Fire with a lady's voice! It was fuckin HILARIOUS man! I and everyone else couldn't contain our laughter and it got so bad that we all had sore cheeks and jaws!

It was finally time for me to swim and the water was the best. It was not cold like other pools in some resorts. The water was very warm and it was so relaxing, I just wish I could've stayed longer. I think it has been almost 2 years since I last stepped into a pool, I can't wait to hit the beach as well (kung mangyayare pa yun this year). For some reason, even if I'm terrified of swimming in the ocean, being near it gives me great comfort.

Oh and by the way, I taught TL how to float, apparently he knows how to already. He is such a... haha

It was really exhausting but all in all, I had a blast hanging out with my teammates. Pictures you can view over at my MULTIPLY sight. :)

No comments: