Sunday, July 6, 2008

one happy ending

Today, I was supposed to meet my dentist to have my root canal checked, but unfortunately she left the clinic sooner that I expected. With almost 4 hours to spare, I decided that the only thing that I could possibly do is to go to SM and wait for the time before I get off to work. Coincidentally, Arence wasn't doing anything at that time and mentioned that he was going to buy some groceries so we talked about meeting up which was great. So off I went to SM to wander around while I waited for him.

I got there and I thought of going on the internet since it has been more than a week since I checked my email etc. The open net shop located in the Cyberzone area was my target since it's the only internet place I know there except this one shop wherein they only have 6 PCs and an hour costs P50.

I entered the vicinity looking for a vacant spot but every chair was occupied with either female chatters with their online buddies' webcams all exposed and kids and/or adults playing online games such as DOTA and Counterstrike. There was a couch were people waited and so I sat and I waited. I thought the waiting part was bad but what happened next was worse.

After a while, the attendant told me that there was a vacant seat already. The excitement was uncontrollable since I was so giddy knowing that I will have the chance to check my mail, Multiply and if some jerk has once again added my Friendster account in his profile. But as soon as I was opening the site to all of these, my giddiness and excitement died. It was the internet connection from hell. Basically I sat there for 30 minutes staring at the loading icon from the tabs. I asked if the attendant could cancel but she told me she can't since I told her that I would be staying for 30 minutes. No apologies or even empathy. I sat there whining to myself and cursing silently (bec there was kid sitting near me) for the lack of service and for the absolutely bad internet connection the place had. Basically. I spent money for nothing and it SUCKED. The incident was a nerve-wreck and left me furious after that half an hour crap for nothing.

But luckily, that didn't ruin my day. Eventually when Arence came, he started to calm my nerves. It was a good thing that we met up or else I don't know what would have become of me that moment.

As usual, we toured around the mall thinking of someplace we could hangout but we failed (not because we are failures like that, but because basically, there are no good places to go in SM Clark for that matter). An hour passed by and we went to the hypermarket to do some groceries. Then afterwards, we had one of the most delicious meals ever which included one whole roasted chicken from the Hypermart, Coke and 2 cup fulls of rice eaten at the food court.

MORAL:
There will always come a time where you'll experience something unpleasant, but in the end, something good will always come out of it. :) Oh and I got a donut too in the end! Thanks hon2! ^_^

No comments: