Friday, November 30, 2007

i saw them march through the streets

I never would have guessed that when Arence and I saw the Magdalo soldiers yesterday on our way to Ayala, something historical was already happening - historically pathetic that is.

Yesterday was just supposed to be any other normal rainy day in the Philippines, but a big thunderstorm was present, just hiding amongst the clouds waiting.. waiting to strike the earth any minute.

As Arence, I and some other jeepney passengers witnessed the march along the streets of Makati, I couldn't help but ask myself, "Ano nanaman to?". I never would have thought that a 'situation' was in progress. I never would have thought that I would be this terror-stricken again. All we wanted that day was to find the Ateneo Prof. School and maybe head to Glorietta and Trinoma if we had the extra time (which we apparently had) and that was it. We didn't want to see soldiers wearing arms bands with the insignia of the sun moving about on one of the busiest streets in Manila. I should've taken a photo when I had the chance but I was too preoccupied with my own thoughts that moment that I didn't bother taking out my camera.

It was the first time that I wanted to go home so badly during a day out in Manila. Normally I would insist on staying till late, but either way, I still had to leave at once because we were only commuting and we had to travel back to Cubao from Trinoma to catch the last bus trips. I couldn't wait to get home. I was so scared from all the text messages that I was getting last night like "Oh shit, may curfew na! 12am-5am. Martial law na ata". It was the first time too that I got scared to watch the bus TV because of all the effin drama Trillanes caused. Soldiers everywhere with guns, tanks going through hotels, people being arrested because they were just doing their jobs. It was CHAOS.

I was at the store today, and I brought the daily paper with me to read the news. The whole first section of the newspaper was all about the 'situation' that happened yesterday. It was written all over the front page and even on the scattered columns on the inside. I read ALL of them. And for the first time, I READ the papers. Trillanes here, Lim there, a Gloria on the side and a judge who is pissed. So many characters to a rather complicated and senseless story.

I pity for what happened to the Manila Peninsula and for all the guests who were checked-in when the incident happened. I read in the paper that there was even a couple who just got married and were supposed to have the reception at the Pen that evening but I guess it never happened because Trillanes is a big A-hole. I can't believe they destroyed the Pen main entry way with an effin tank. BOO YOU SOLDIERS!! If you're such a fan of guns and all that shit, go and make an action movie instead! Don't blow up hotels and other places that shouldn't be blown up you know. I can see a movie trilogy in the making wherein the words Trillanes, Oakwood and Manila Pen being on the titles. Or maybe not.

If I were to choose over Trillanes and P*****inang Gloria Macapagal Arroyo aka PGMA (hahaha), I would choose the former. Why? At least he's taking steps to change for the better, un nga lang mali ang banat nya. TSKTSK. And because I think he's the lesser evil.

CRAP,I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING ANYMORE.

Haaay sana masolusyonan na to. Nakakahiya ang Pilipinas. Nakakahiya! Everyone responsible for this should be ashamed of themselves and die and go to hell.

Anyways!

World Of Chicken is HEAVEN.



Still can't stop thinking about this orgasmic meal.


No comments: