Wednesday, November 7, 2007

lola keeps the garden green

It was a very boring day at the store this afternoon. As in reeeaaallly boring. Nobody was buying and I really had nothing productive to do. Well, besides the usual texting routine, I read some old Archie comics this time and the daily paper and that was it. But then! I realized that I was bringing the camera with me so I decided to get it out of my bag and take some photos in the area. I saw lola doing her gardening rituals like she does almost every afternoon and I thought that she and the plants around would be a great subject.



Lola loves to take care of her plants and flowers in the garden. She's a natural green-thumb! Can you believe that she still cuts the overgrown plants and grass with that big 'ol pair of garden scissors? And she's 80 years-old might I add. My lola is one of the strongest and hardworking people I know. At her age, she still manages to tend the store from 5am-6pm, washes the clothes, cooks and still has time to garden. WONDER LOLA. hihi

My lola has a variety of plants and flowers growing in her garden. She has a lot of plants including a diverse collection of cactus plants, a chili plant, an orchid one and even lilies. The others I really don't know what they are but they are beautiful. I love her cactus collection. She has so many kinds with different shapes, sizes and colors. They really are fascinating to look at. The first time I saw them I kept playing with the thorns. Then there's my favorite flower, the LILY. I didn't even know that she grew lilies in the garden until I saw them one time ago. They are not my favorite kind ( I simply adore STARGAZERS and the white lilies), nevertheless, they still look really pretty.


(these photos look familiar..)

1 comment:

silly_button said...

wow, you're lola has a green thumb. i wish i had a green thumb! cool pix!