Tuesday, May 6, 2008

metal free smile

After 2 years of having to deal with food getting stuck between rows of metal, I finally said goodbye to my braces. Yes, this is one step closer to a metal free body.

When my dentist texted last week informing me that I'll be getting my braces off, I didn't know what to feel. I wasn't really excited but actually tense and hesitant. I wanted them off for the longest time already, but now that I have them off, it feels like something's missing. I know I know, normal lang yan, but I like how I look with braces. The feeling of having metal in my mouth is so dorky which I love. But nothing is more dorky than a set of retainers. Now that's what I would call the ultimate dork accessory. lolz

Anyway, I'm still trying to adjust. I really haven't looked in the mirror that often and check out my teeth. I dunno, I feel weird smiling now and even if they look straighter, it's as if I don't want them that way. WEIRD. But I'm glad they're off. I miss grinning without parts of my braces showing ^_^

On another note, I just had the most fun weekend ever. Right after work last Sunday, I went straight to Manila to meet up with Arence. Since he wasn't going home that weekend, I decided to pay him a visit and the great city as well. I just luuuurv being in MANILA.

I arrived at McDo Lacson around 6:00 in the morning. As I expected, Arence fell asleep again that's why he wasn't at the meeting place when I got there. Luckily, Earlzon was still up at that time so he was sweet enough to meet me at McDo. After he took me to the apartment, Arence and I tried our best to get back to sleep because we had a long day ahead of us. But because we were too excited to see each other we couldn't. And not to mention the frikin heat that made it difficult for us to get some shut eye.

Getting 2 hours of rest wasn't ideal but what the heck, I was not the one to complain that day. Upon waking up, Arence, Jon and I went to look for a good place to eat. We finally ended up having pizza and pasta at a really cozy Italianish restaurant in the area. We had to extra large pizza's and a pasta. It was heavenly. Too bad that we weren't in time for the 2 plus 1 pizza promo tho.

After lunch, Arence and I then headed to Trinoma to watch the ultimate flick of the summer (well for him that is) -IRONMAN. Yep, his obsession, addiction WHATEVER! haha finally was in theaters. And may I just say that the movie was phenomenal. I could've never expected it to turn out that way. Next to the Transformers movie, this is one of the best I've seen so far. Everyone should watch this movie, you'll love it. I especially loved Robert Downey Jr. There is no other actor in this world who could've played the part more perfect than he. I adore the sarcasm. It suited him really well. ^_^ Oh, and you have to stay after the credits if you're planning on watching it. Just a little extra right there.

After the movie, we strolled around the mall, like the mall rats that we are. We were supposed to have dinner at Mr. Kebab but because we were still really full from the pizza lunch that we had, we opted to have some coffee instead. It took us more than 30minutes to get to a coffee place. DAMN that first floor Starbucks that we couldn't find! haha We went to the Coffee Bean instead. It wasn't bad. Their coffee tasted good but we still longed for that Starbucks flare we were craving for in the first place.

Went home after the coffee and met up with Arianne, Earlzon and Jon at the apartment. Had a little midnight get together and some booze while watching Avatar. It was a treat to see them all again. I love his friends. My cup of tea they are. (Did I just do a Yoda right there?) It was funny to think that we just sat there that night watching cartoons lolz But it was a nice night to hangout with really good friends. I always loved their company. :)

SECOND DAY

Was supposed to wake up at 7am but because my phone's battery died on me, the alarm did not go off. Arence and I got up later that expected and were in a rush to meet up with Glenda in Katipunan. Luckily enough, we got there in one piece. I was so happy to see my best friend. I never get to see her as much as I want to (because of the fact that she is in Manila). Since college started, we only get to see each other 4 times more or less - my birthday, her birthday, Halloween and Christmas. She finally got her birthday gift from me and I am happy to say that she loved it. I think she even loved the paper bag that I drew on more than the gift itself ^_^ My kuya went to McDo as well and it seemed like a double date for the four of us. I'm glad my kuya knows how to socialize na hehe

We got Glenda a little late to her animation class but luckily when we got there, the class hasn't started yet. Or so I think. Then Arence and I decided to trek UP. Well we failed at that. haha It was too darn hot and we surrendered to the heat and headed to Gateway to get some cool air. We just love malls if you haven't noticed. We wanted to eat but we couldn't decide where, so we left and ate at a Japenese-ish restaurant near UST.

That evening, we met up with Mike and girlfriend SAM at gateway to have dinner. I know, my day couldn't have gotten more hectic right? I was supposed to treat the both of them but Mike refused. Arence and I had World of Chicken (OMG.. drool) and they had Wendy's. It was nice that we all got to hangout that night because I don't get to spend much time with Mike and don't often see Sam as well. And it was a rare occasion too because this was the first time Arence really met Sam. After dinner, they all took me to the bus station. And that was the end of my 2-day Manila experience.

Times like those really make me happy. Even though it was exhausting as hell, I wouldn't have traded it for anything else in the world. Being able to spend time with people I love is a treasure and is always a treat. Whether we have a nice meal together, or just hangout and talk about anything. I felt sad leaving Manila that night because I wanted to stay a bit longer. If only it was possible I would. But there will always be next time and I am looking forward for my next trip already.

Anyway, you can check out my MULTIPLY sight for the photos. I think I have 3 separate albums. ENJOY! :)

1 comment:

ann.screams.hearts. said...

lakwatcherang trixie!!hehe:)