Wednesday, April 30, 2008

all dogs go to heaven

When I was a kid, I used to watch a lot of recorded VHS cartoons my granddad used to have from the states. Anyway, one of those cartoons which I loved was the Disney animated "All Dogs Go to Heaven". It's not a really popular Disney cartoon like the Little Mermaid or Pinnochio but it was one of the best I've seen when I was younger.

So, why am I talking about this? For one, I really do believe that all dogs go to heaven. Or any other animal for that matter. Secondly, because our dalmatian just passed away 2 days ago. And yes, it is really and always hard for me to lose a pet because I love animals basically and dogs are number one on my list. Whenever one of our dogs die, I can't help but mourn and cry a little for them. I even get really emotional when I watch a movie wherein an animal would get hurt, killed or die.

I couldn't believe that Domino is gone. He was the most playful of all our dogs next to Snowbal, our Japanese spitz. He was the most friendly of the dalmatians even to strangers. It was so sad to hear from dad that he died because he got hepatitis. But I guess it was a good thing too because then he wouldn't have to suffer more.

Anyway, I know you're in heaven now Domino. I hope you see our old dogs there. You were that LUCKY puppy that almost died before but you got to grow up really well and cheerful. But I guess it was time for you to go this time. I understand why the big man up there got you, so he would have more dogs to protect heaven. We will surely miss you..



1 comment:

ann.screams.hearts. said...

i can't even imagine the day when potter, our dog, would die (knock on wood 3times). i agree. losing a pet is almost like losing a family member.:(